Saturday, August 15, 2020

Achensee swim

Achensee was on my way back from the slopes, on the way to the Berghotel.  Why not dip in for a swim?

I thought Austria and Germany lakes would be crowded, but it turned out there was plenty of space on the shores of this large lake. Even parking was easy. I chose my own spot on the rocky shores, and went for a swim. While the shores were formed of big rocks, the lake bottom was sand and pebbles; very easy to swim.

Obviously, the temperature was perfect. Particularly when I had just visited the freezing water of the Tuxbach :-)

I swam at around N 47.45800 E 11.71398, on the western shore and close to a parking lot.


For more sauna and swimming stories, check out planetswimmer.com and saunablogger.cool websites! And of course the Planetcaver, and Planetskier blogs for other stories in Blogspot and TGR! The photos and text (c) 2020 by Jari Arkko. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment