Saturday, August 15, 2020

First flight during the pandemic

I took my first flight during the pandemic. Nervous.

Three observations:

  1. Told the flight attendant that it is my first flight in almost six months. She said that it was the first flight for the entire crew as well.
  2. Also, I actually had forgotten how to turn on the airplane mode on my phone.
  3. I thought that the meal I had in the airplane was the best meal I had ever. It was pretty good, actually, even on objective metrics -- salmon lasagna. But I also had not had anyone else make me a meal in six months before this...

Safety: Lets see how this goes. And before someone reacts about the travellers spreading disease, I should say that those that know me know that I take virus safety very seriously. I don't have zero risk for getting infected, but I've for instance avoided all public restaurants bars, and only visited shops four times on this two week trip.

FYI, I paid 20€ for my flights, and I have a policy of flying only on business class at the moment. I used a combination of vouchers from Finnair's cancelled flights and upgrade vouchers. Flights are also very cheap at the moment.



More flying stories at Planetflier.com. Photos and stories (c) 2020 by Jari Arkko. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment