- Mankkaa snow dumping ground: Snow situation is good, but the recently rained one foot of sand is making it difficult to find the snow. Not recommended for your number one skis. However, I suspect that ice climbing opportunities are soon excellent.
- Laajalahti sledging run, "Taivari": Snow situation is reasonable. Crossing the water-filled sections at high speed has been found to be interesting for kids and kid-minded people. No lift.
- Grani: Snow situation is excellent. I am pretty sure that this year we will be skiing on Glacier du Kauniainen in June. The ski lift will be closed on Thursday, however, but before that you can catch it from 6pm to 8pm. Recommended!
- Swinghill: Snow situation is good. There are plenty of jumps and other activities on the slopes, at the same level as the upper parking lot. So this is a good place for snowboarders, for instance. The area is closed, so you will not spend much money on lift tickets. Skinning up is good for you.
- Peuramaa: Snow situation is good. Golfers are threatening to take the area over, however.
Photo and video credits (c) 2013 by Jari Arkko and Jarmo Ruuth. Tämä blogiartikkeli löytyy myös suomeksi.