Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Rusutjärvi, the long lost beach from my childhood

I saw my mom today in Hyrylä, and on the way back wanted to drop in for a swim, and visit a swimming place that I remembered from my childhood: Rusutjärvi in Tuusula.

I have to say I didn't remember any of details. It is a beautiful lake, a very nice swimming spot.

If it weren't for the blue-green algae, that is. Sadly, there was a sign about that, and recommendation to check the situation. Yet there were no actual visible signs of the problem in the water, so I did a quick swim. All good. Or, at least no symptoms yet :-)

The Rusutjärvi swimming beach is at N 60.42970 E 24.98897.

For more sauna and swimming stories, check out planetswimmer.com and saunablogger.cool websites! And of course the Planetcaver, and Planetskier blogs for other stories in Blogspot and TGR! The photos and text (c) 2020 by Jari Arkko. All rights reserved. All photos taken outside official swimming places, outside opening hours, and when no other guests are present or with permission. 

No comments:

Post a Comment