Saturday, July 4, 2020

Kattilajärvi swim


Another evening, another swim. Trying to find a crowds-free and virus free swimming places in the hot Finnish summer :-)

I had been to Kattilajärvi before, while looking for caves. But I had not swam there. While researching for possible remote swimming spots, I came across Tony Hagerlund's excellent local-knowledge blog post. He   notes that the official Kattilajärvi swim beach is probably the most remote and least used one. Yet, I think it is a great place. There's a fire pit, camping place, parking place, changing cabin, basic toilets, and ... most importantly, wonderful and largely untouched nature. 

The untouched nature is what I came for. I walked just a bit over 100 meters left of the beach and found a nicely sloping bedrock on the lake front. And some sand and gravel onwards under the water. A very easy spot to go for a swim, and still far enough from the crowds!

The public beach is at coordinates N 60.29907 E. 24.61974. The spot that I found is at N 60.29908 E 24.61782.




For more sauna and swimming stories, check out planetswimmer.com and saunablogger.cool websites! And of course the Planetcaver, and Planetskier blogs for other stories in Blogspot and TGR! The photos and text (c) 2020 by Jari Arkko. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment