Thursday, July 16, 2020

Sahajärvi swim - The secret rapids


Fail. And fail again. My first choice of a lake turned out to be the water intake for Espoo. Maybe not swim there, in case someone doubts how well I wash my swimming pants :-)

The second choice was the great lake of Nuuksio's Pitkäjärvi. Unfortunately, I was unable to find any parking on the side that I was on.

Oh well, I drove on and got to Sahajärvi, also in Espoo and still in Nuuksio. A shallow lake, but found a parking spot. And, most importantly, found some rapids in the river running to the lake! The name of the river is Salakoski or the secret rapids. 

I just followed the sound, and found a decent spot to go for a swim where the river ends to the lake.

Coordinates: N 60.26887 E 24.54764.



For more sauna and swimming stories, check out planetswimmer.com and saunablogger.cool websites! And of course the Planetcaver, and Planetskier blogs for other stories in Blogspot and TGR! The photos and text (c) 2020 by Jari Arkko. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment