Saturday, July 18, 2020

Too slimy!


An attempt to swim in Matalajärvi... ended in a failure. I decided the slimy, still water and the extremely muddy bottom was not for me.

I was in the area of Matalajärvi for some shopping for my garden project, so I thought I'd try to visit the lake. I've lived in the general area for a long time, but actually never seen Matalajärvi before. It is actually hard to see, on a flat, grassy are hidden by forests and protected areas. I didn't even know about there being a protected area, actually. The area is more or less entirely closed during the bird's nesting times, but the signs said they just opened a day ago after July 15, so I went in. 

Going in even required some climbing over fences, and wet shoes as I approached the "shore". 

Unfortunately, it was not a good swim spot. There seemed to be one or two summer cottages on the other. side of the lake, it is possible that the other side is better.



For more sauna and swimming stories, check out planetswimmer.com and saunablogger.cool websites! And of course the Planetcaver, and Planetskier blogs for other stories in Blogspot and TGR! The photos and text (c) 2020 by Jari Arkko. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment