Sunday, April 22, 2018

Replacement Poles. Cutting them...


Ski pole bouquet, five poles! Should be enough for redundancy, now.

I lost a ski pole in the Ylläs competition, just an hour or so into it. I had spare ones, although a bit short.

The staff had not received the pole anywhere, nor did we find the pole upon search later. Oh well.

But, this meant that I needed new poles. I use fixed length but lightweight poles unless I'm planning on skinning or packing skis in backpack.

So, I wondered if I could buy another pair from Ski Service, with exact same model and length? Unfortunately, they did not have the 130cm any more... but I got a great offer for 135cms for just 20€ pair. That's a very good price for this composite pole. However, I'd had to cut it by 5cm.

The first attempt at dislodging the glue on the handle did not work with just warm water. But as instructed, with boiling water the glue came off easily. Cut the poles, insert new glue, and now I have correct length poles!


Photos (c) 2018 by Jari Arkko. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment