Sunday, September 20, 2026

Rainbow lake swim

Kylmälä ("cold place") is a small village in northern parts of Kirkkonummi, by the lake Tampaja. When I arrived, I cursed the rain because it was making my walk to the beach hard. But the hardest rain stopped, I found a changing cabin at the beach... and then saw one of the best rainbows I've seen in a while!

Wonderful! The beach was good too. And by September 10, on a Thursday evening there was obviously no one else around.

The beach is at coordinates N 60.23517 E 24.40351. There's convenient parking by the school/daycare just before the beach. At the beach itself there's a very basic changing room. The pier feels new and quite nice. 




This article has also been published at Planetswimmer.com here. Read the full series of sauna and swimming stories from planetswimmer.com and saunablogger.cool, or all blog articles from Blogspot. Photos and text (c) 2026 by Jari Arkko. All rights reserved. Photos in this article were taken when the beach was empty.


No comments:

Post a Comment