Yikes. Too many geese around. And their shit. But I have to swim today, so no avoiding it.
I'm in Laaksolahti, the swimming place next to the sports area. A very nice spot, also with "Löylykontti" (sauna heat container), though I don't have time to try this now. I'm on way to the airport and already late.
So, a quick swim, get back to the car, dry myself, changes clothes and go. Left the wet swimwear and towel in a hastily constructed drying rack in the car. Ski poles are useful in many ways!
Maybe during the summer this would be less crowded by the geese. Need to come back, it is a great facility in geenral. The coordinates are N 60.24649 E 24.74978. More information here and here.
Photos:
My flight afterwards:
This article has also been published at Planetswimmer.com here. Read the full series of sauna and swimming stories from planetswimmer.com and saunablogger.cool, or all blog articles from Blogspot. Photos and text (c) 2026 by Jari Arkko. All rights reserved. Photos in this article were taken when the beach was empty.






No comments:
Post a Comment