Wow, had a hard day demoing for work, but this find right in the center of Stockholm was so relaxing: the Selma City Spa, on the roof of the Clarion Hotel Sign by the main train station was something else. A very nice sauna, relaxation rooms, a small cafeteria, and then the pool outside on the roof. And you could order drinks directly to the pool.
In my case, that drink was a Twister (non-alcoholic). And you can order anything just by scanning a QR code next to your beach bed.
Very nice.
Worth going again.
More information on their home page here, or the hotel here. You can book your visit directly on the website. It isn't cheap, however, for non-hotel guests a visit 445 SEK or about 45 €. For hotel guests a visit can be 295 SEK or about 30 € or even lower depending on when you are going. There are of course various other packages with additional services, massage, etc.
One thing with *every* Swedish visit to a swimming facility is that they always have lockers the you have to you bring your own lock to. Even a luxury place like this one! But this time I actually *did* bring a lock. But at home I have 15-20 of these locks from previous trips where I had forgotten one and had to buy a new one. They sell them, they are not expensive, but it is a heavy metal object that gets put in that drawer on top of other heavy metal objects...
More photos:
But I had to cut my visit short, needed to get back home and my flight. I was on a Finnair flight, an Embraer plane from Arland to Helsinki. Nice service. I liked their new slogan on the cups, too...
This article has also been published at Planetswimmer.com here. Read the full series of sauna and swimming stories from planetswimmer.com and saunablogger.cool, or all blog articles from Blogspot. Photos and text (c) 2026 by Jari Arkko. All rights reserved. Pool photos in this article were taken when the facility was closed or empty.











No comments:
Post a Comment