Sunday, September 20, 2026

Freizeit! Opfikon.

I was late, but maybe there was still a chance of catching a swim. It turned out that I can walk from my hotel to a nearby swimming hall, the Freizeit Bad Opfikon. But I didn't expect it to be the gem it was. A sunset over the pools, indoor and outdoor pools, a luxury facility. Even if it was "just" community pool. But this is Switzerland... and the best part was that the dogs can swim, too!

They can, but only the last day of the outdoor pools are open for the season. I can imagine how excited the dogs will be for this. This should be done in other places, too. Wonderful!

More information here.

Photos, indoor pool:


Outdoor jumping pool:


The building and sign:

This article has also been published at Planetswimmer.com here. Read the full series of sauna and swimming stories from planetswimmer.com and saunablogger.cool, or all blog articles from Blogspot. Photos and text (c) 2026 by Jari Arkko. All rights reserved. Pool photos in this article were taken when the facility was closed or empty. The dog swimming photos are from the facility's brochure and social media.

No comments:

Post a Comment