Wednesday, April 3, 2024

Qatar Lounge at SIN

Singapore Changi is such a nice airport. Potentially the *nicest* airport, to be exact., winning the best airport in the world titles left and right (link).

Some of the great things about it:

  • Efficient, very small number of queues and problems compared to the size of the operation
  • Nice design, good environment for people
  • Walkable even though large
  • Great shopping malls etc
  • Many lounges
This time was I Singapore while changing from a Brisbane - Singapore flight to a Singapore - Helsinki flight. I was there for six hours.. sadly the time went more to working than exploring the place. But I did camp out in the Qatar Premium Lounge, for the sake of gaining a new experience. My soon-to-be-gone status at Finnair lets me visit these lounges, so that's also a good reason to use it before it is gone :-)

The lounge was a bit of walk from my gates, but at the same time I saw many of the shops on the way. At the lounge you will find:
  • normal seating area
  • snacks table (fruit, bread, sweets, etc.)
  • a bar
  • working pods
  • a la carte restaurant
  • bathrooms and showers
Maybe something else too, as noted I did not have time to explore all. The showers were top notch, and no queues. Staff was extremely helpful and attentive. They even gave me a power converter plug when it turned out that the working pod power socket did not accept my euro plugs. 

A great lounge of course, the only thing missing was of course the sauna :-)



For more flying stories, check out the planetflier.com website! And of course the Planetcaver, and Planetskier blogs for other stories in Blogspot and TGR! The photos and text (c) 2024 by Jari Arkko. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment