Tuesday, February 21, 2023

Cold swim in Ancient Corinth

Brr. A bit cold, maybe 5 degrees. But no matter. The views are great! And I've never swam in Greece before, so now I have to. 

On my ski trip I was staying at a new luxury hotel, the Oliveus Euphoria Resort. It was in a very remote location in Ancient Corinth. So remote and new that Google neither new about the place or the roads leading to it. It was a hassle to get there, given this.

But maybe worth it, given the olive tree garden, views, and the nice common kitchen area.

The pool was a year-around pool, but without heating. And in general, I was surprised how cold it was in Greece in the wintertime. Snow doesn't even seem to be such an exception, peaks around the Corinth area all carried snow.

I only managed to get breakfast on one day though, in winter the place is not busy, so the staff seemed to forget my existence. No breakfast materials or exit gates open... oh well, I got to stay there at an incredibly affordable price, and I liked the room. And the swim, obviously! Very refreshing.

Pool:

View from my room:

Kitchen area:

For more sauna and swimming stories, check out planetswimmer.com and saunablogger.cool websites! And of course the Planetcaver, and Planetskier blogs for other stories in Blogspot and TGR! The photos and text (c) 2023 by Jari Arkko. All rights reserved. I never take photos of other saunagoers or swimmers and visit when there is simply no one else or the facility has been closed or booked only for me. Or like in this case, when I was alone in the entire facility, and no one in their right mind came even near the almost frozen pool :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment