Monday, January 6, 2020

Kicking myself for not skiing Kosovo


I was skiing in Kopaonik, Serbia, to collect yet another country that I've skied in :-) but on the way back I made a HUGE mistake.

The road back to airport touches the border of Kosovo for a few hundred meters. I had asked about this from the hotel, and they felt it was illegal and risky to cross the border. So I didn't.

Granted, there is the question of the recent war, hostilities, distrust, possible border patrol or military troops. And for my statistics, it is not clear how Kosovo would be counted, given the notion of a "partially recognised" state. But, I don't think there was anybody looking at that piece of snowy mountainside. I could have taken a few turns. Why didn't I?

This article has also been published at TGR. And all skiing articles are of course at Planetskier.net! You can also read all the Planetskier and Planetcaver articles at Blogspot and TGR. Photos, videos, and text (c) 2019 by Jari Arkko. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment