I needed to take a flu shot, and the only available slots were an hour away from home, north of the airport in Tuusula. There were three good things with that though, one I got an early flu shot, two that I was able to see my lovely sister who lives nearby, and three, I could stop by on a (cold) swim at a nearby sandpit beach.
There's ample parking space, the water area is big and formed in interesting ways, there's small bridges to cross the water, there's a pier and a small jumping tower, dressing cabins... very nice.
The only thing was that in mid October, it was a tad cold despite the sunny day. But I'm glad I was able to dip in!
The environment is also nice, people seemed to use it for walks, taking the dog out, etc.
The sandpit is at the coordinates N 60.40666 E 24.96760.
More information about the site can be found on Tony Hagerlund's excellent blog and Tuusula's official page. The beach is very popular, it has been reported that the massive parking lot and even the beach can get congested at popular times (article).
This article has also been published at Planetswimmer.com here. Read the full series of sauna and swimming stories from planetswimmer.com and saunablogger.cool, urban exploration articles at theurbanexplorer.net, or all blog articles from Blogspot. Photos and text (c) 2026 by Jari Arkko. Pool and sauna photos in this article were taken when the facility was empty or closed.




No comments:
Post a Comment