Saturday, December 2, 2023

Riihivuori, what a nice place to ski at!


Coming back from my visit at the bat cave headquarters, I was faced with a choice: drive straight home with my crappy car and minimize risk of breakdown? Or detour extra two hours via Jyväskylä and visit the a ski hill that I've never been on, Riihivuori? They had just opened... in the end I took the risk. And wow, was it worth it!

Not only was my car alright in the end, but Riihivuori was just a wonderful place. I was there just an hour before closing, and sales agent worked me a happy discount. And when I said that I was collecting ski areas, and asked for lift map, they said they don't have one. But then later they run after me and gave me a some clothing with their signage. Nice! And lift boy knew everyone going through the lift, and asked if I had just arrived. 

All in all, such a great experience with friendly people. I didn't have time to stay for the restaurant, but for what it is worth, it looked a very nice one for a ski resort cafeteria. And with cleanest and nicest bathrooms I've basically ever seen in any ski resort! Again, well done. Not all the slopes were open yet, just a kiddie slope, actually -- they had just opened, and that's why I was here. I should stay here later in the winter, even for a couple of nights. The bigger slopes looked very promising.










What they gave me:


Read the full Planetskier series at planetskier.net, or all blog articles from BlogspotTGR. Photos, videos, and text (c) 2023 by Jari Arkko.

No comments:

Post a Comment