Sunday, September 16, 2018

St. Peter's Basilica



Janne and I visited St. Peter's Basilica in the Vatican.Wonderful structure, and great to see the not-for-us gardens of the Vatican from above. Would be wonderful to visit. But can you ski in the Vatican?

If it ever snowed, and it probably sometimes has or will, there'd be enough slope somewhere in the garden. But there's no access!

The other option is the rock slope just in front the main presentation platform of the Vatican:



This looks definitely skiable on a rainy day and with plastic skis. However, I don't think they would like anyone to go and ski there. Unless there's a big mass for the religious skiers some day. While waiting for that, I don't think I can collect the Vatican to my skied countries.

Other pictures:




Photos (c) 2018 by Jari Arkko. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment