Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Saunablogger.cool: Norway


Suffering... with no sauna after skiing. Skogstad hotel to the rescue!

I was at Hemsedal, and had chosen to stay close to the slopes in an apartment managed by the ski area. It was close to the slopes... but still probably a mistake. The WiFi didn't really work, although to their credit, they gave me a mobile router later. But more importantly, there was no sauna in the apartment.

But Skogstad hotel rescued the situation! This is a medium-sized hotel right in the centre of Hemsedal village. A kilometer away from the ski area, but they have a wellness area with two saunas, available for use by their guests and others at the cost of 139 NOK. And it was a very nice sauna! Hot, new, with quiet relaxation areas around to cool off afterwards.

What's more, I was looking for dinner, and found it in the same building. The Champagneteria Montana serves tapas, and, you guessed it, Champagne. It is one of the best restaurants in the area. I can warmly recommend a glass of ́R ́ de Ruinart Brut with caviar from Kalix, Sweden and some blinis. And a diet coke, of course 😁

Finally, I wanted to announce my new domain, saunablogger.cool. The sauna-related blog posts from the Planetskier blog series are listed there. Along with a map that shows the location of the saunas I have visited in 😀

Relaxation areas in the Skogstad hotel wellness centre:



The area where I was staying, without the saunas:


Champagneteria Montana:




Photos (c) 2017 by Jari Arkko

No comments:

Post a Comment