Sunday, May 7, 2023

No sauna power for me

 

"The sauna is only open until 10pm". But I was coming in later, so I wanted to know if I could use it in any case. They said I could, if I was quiet. However... I couldn't turn the sauna on.

Not sure if that was because the power was cut off due to renovations elsewhere in the building (and a nearby gym room was gutted, too) or if there was a timer somewhere.

Well, I've been in this sauna before, so ok ... not sauna this time.

All this is happening at the Schloss Dagstuhl, a center dedicated for organizing Computer Science workshops. It is a superb place, mostly because it gathers people around the castle as it is not easy to find anything else nearby. So the discussion continue through the evening and to the night, in the wine cellar, and sometimes even in the sauna. But not int he sauna this time, then!


For more sauna and swimming stories, check out planetswimmer.com and saunablogger.cool websites! And of course the Planetcaver, and Planetskier blogs for other stories in Blogspot and TGR! The photos and text (c) 2023 by Jari Arkko. All rights reserved. I never take photos of other saunagoers or swimmers and visit when there is simply no one else or the facility has been closed or booked only for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment