Sunday, December 25, 2022

Embarrassing

 

I'm on idiot. There was a minor issue, a broken off air tube. Which is why I had my hood open, trying to figure out what was going on. And completely predictably, I forgot to close it properly in the excitement, and then, once I got on the highway, BAM. Hood resting on the windshield.

Fortunately I was able to steer to the side of the road. The hood is damaged, but closes, kind of. I'll be driving max 50 km/h until it gets repaired.

This is of course all my fault. I couldn't curse myself more than I did :-( But it also turned out that the wind hook that normally prevents this from happening even if the hood is locked in position was broken in my car. Like so many things... a missing spring made it possible for the hood to become loose in wind.

Here's the odd tube:


Hinge damage:


Read more car stories from the Planetskier blog series. Text and pictures (c) 2022 by Jari Arkko. All rights reserved.




No comments:

Post a Comment