Monday, October 12, 2020

Nice basement

 

The book Finnish Caves (Suomen Luolat) lists several caves in Perniö. I had already been in the 'Hiidenkellari' (Devil's basement), but since I needed to drive through Perniö today on my visit to Tero's summer cottage, I wanted to visit more of the caves. I chose 'Antinmäen Hohteen kellari ja paja' (The basement and workshop at the Antinmäki shine).

It took a while to find the cave, given that the coordinates in the book were not exact. And I was in a hurry. But after some criss-crossing of the cliff, I finally found an inviting, dark hole. A nice, straight tunnel with low ceiling at the beginning but higher in the end. I'm glad I stopped by.

I also draw a very rough map of the cave, here.



See more caving stories at Planetcaver.net, and all Planetskier and Planetcaver stories at Blogspot and TGR! See also my cave map that runs the Psgeo software that has now been open sourced! This article and photos are (c) 2020 by Jari Arkko. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment