Sunday, March 10, 2019

Sauna magic experiments. Failed experiments.


I was inspired by this recipe for sauna scents, and wanted to try my own variants, one with juniper and another one with tar. But the experiments failed...

... more work needed. What I did with juniper was to take dried juniper berries and crush them, and then cook them a bit. Ok, microwave them for 30s in water :-) this experiment failed because there wasn't much juniper smell in the water left after I had sifted the result.

My second experiment was to mix a bit of tar syrup in the water that I would pour on the heater. But the syrup is mostly causing a burning smell. I need something more oily, cannot have anything that sticks to the heater's stones.

Stay tuned, experiments will continue :-)



Photos and text (c) 2019 by Jari Arkko. All rights reserved. All my sauna stories can be found from saunablogger.cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment