Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Gribbylundsfortet


The darkness falls early, before 4pm. Exit from the office then at 15:10, while having a conference call as you ride an Uber again; fortunately, the call ends by the time I am at the bunker.

(I didn't feel bad leaving the office so early, because I worked from 8am to 3am yesterday, and know that work continues also today, after I come back from the bunker trip, and have my dinner and sauna.)

Today's bunker is Gribbylundsfortet, once again a "Korvlinjen" bunker with nicely formed concrete that seems like it was poured yesterday.

But this bunker is different from the ones I've been to. There's darkness. There's an almost burned to ash -darkness feeling. Somewhat disturbing. And difficult to take pictures with my phone's camera.

Why is this bunker not the target of graffiti artists, like the other one? Why is there very little garbage inside, except in one corner that seemed almost like somebody's abandoned home-away-from-home. Many question, not many answers.

Lets call this the bunker of the darkness.

Coordinates to the darkness: N 59.471100° E 18.081139°.






Sunset from the taxi drop-off:


Photos (c) 2017 by Jari Arkko. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment