Friday, July 12, 2013

Miracle in Johannesburg



Miracles are rare, but I experienced two today. First, my ankle has been in bad shape, almost unbearable to walk on. As I landed in Johannesburg this morning, it had completely healed! Maybe it was the 12 hour flight in coach, unable to move? It took me fifteen minutes to realise that something was different -- the pain was gone.

Ok, so the sick got healed. Has happened before. But the second miracle is something completely unheard of: British Airways delivered my ski bag!

I don't know if I'll be able to use my skis though. The ankle needs to stay OK, I forgot my international driver's license home, and I don't know if I have time from work to escape to the mountains. (But given that I'm burning a week and two weekends in my meeting with the domain name lawyer-geeks, I wouldn't feel bad about taking a day of rest somewhere.)

Photos (c) 2013 by Jari Arkko

No comments:

Post a Comment